Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ordinary Accomplishments

My life is filled with very boring and mundane tasks that are quite important in the big scheme of things. For example, I feed the children in my care, I change their diapers, and then I do it all over again. Those tasks are pretty mundane and time consuming. Yet, if I did not do these tasks, their little worlds would crumble. Its actually very important tasks I am completing to help these children grow, one meal at a time. A man that is working an incredibly boring job to provide for his family may feel like his day to day tasks are not that noble or significant. But if he just stopped completing those boring and mundane tasks, leading to the loss of his job, his family would certainly feel the consequences. My point is, if we realized how really significant and important our day to day tasks were, maybe we would have a different attitude when we did them.

"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment