Friday, August 14, 2009

If You Lose Faith In People, Don't Lose Faith In God

I recently corresponded with a woman who was really discouraged about church. She was privately struggling in her beliefs because she had seen so much backbiting in churches. She felt like her eyes were starting to open, and she was losing her faith in God because of everything she had seen. I think this is what happens to a lot of people. The older you get, the more you see, and everything you once believed gets shaken. My advice to her was to realize that everyone goes through these struggles at one time or another. God knows that we are flesh, and his grace is sufficient. I told her that I think anytime you get a group of people together, there is going to be drama, and especially in churches when there is an enemy out to get us off the track we are on. Look at all the issues Paul had to address in the letters to the churches. What I have learned to do is to understand that its okay if I lose my faith in people, but I can't let it cause me to lose my faith in God. It's not the will of God for churches to become bashing grounds, but it is God's will that churches are a place of love and fellowship. I have also come to an understanding that I can't worry too much about what people think or say about me. There will always be those people that feel the need to try to bring others down, or talk about people behind their back. When it's all said and done, we really only need to please God, and that is enough. He, alone, will be the judge. I think this is one tool of the enemies to get us down about church to the point that we lose faith in God. Please, realize the vices of the enemy, and know that God is still God.

No comments:

Post a Comment